Sunday, August 18, 2013

Professionalism or something else

Its been about 8 months to me while coming here in professional world as a Software Engineer. In my previous company GCPL, a subsidiary company of the Owners of City Montessori School (a Guinness book record holder in 2008 for its enrollments of about 32000 pupils, maximum in the world) it was the first time I came to know some amazing facts about my job there.

Most of us are aware with the term job Satisfaction. Yes you guessed right, its not important that what you know or how much knowledge you have or how quickly you can troubleshoot the problems, once you are in a company you have to work as-is guided by your owners or boss. I think myself damn expert in developing web based softwares based on Dotnet Technology, but for that I have to wait for next 7 months till I switched my job here in Mumbai. Actually that’s why its said why college life is quite different from this professional world.

Another lesson I learned (and actually successfully executed there at GCPL) is that if you are giving competition to someone, first try to be humble with him/her. Its a good habit to cooperate even with your competitors. Atleast I think that my competitor is not the only one I’m giving competition. At the same time I’m in competition with other thousands of guys who belong to my same profession (though not important working for same organization). If your fellow worker is good, try to share your skills as much from your them..This will no doubt polish your skills.

But all fingers in a hand are not equal. Sometimes we face odd situations. So then question arises that what should we do in such situation? If someone ask me d same then I prefer that just finish all the options of your competitor with your knowledge n skills. This trick works in every 9 out of 10 times, obviously if your boss is not partial.

No comments :

Post a Comment